Sunday, April 26, 2015

Inner Dialogue

Deep breathes, let it go. It's not that important... is it? 
It is important, very important. It hurt on so many levels how could it not be?
You're over reacting, (like always) it wasn't that big a deal.
If anything, I'm under-reacting. If I don't address this it's just going to get worse. My emotions are not invalid, my feelings are real, and actually effect my life and well being. I have value, my thoughts have value. Not more than anyone else's, but just as much as anyone else's.
You were in the wrong
Yes I was, but I apologized for that
More may need to be done
True, for both sides. At least I've done something, I was heartfelt with my actions... There would have been no action from the other side if we didn't threaten them. 
You shouldn't have escalated things
I dissargge, it was a rational action, I'm not obligated to take that sort of abuse. She shouldn't have escalated how she did, calmer, gentler words, should have been used. But what's done is done, we both had our very valid reasons for our actions. How do I fix this?
Ignore it, let it fade into obscurity.
No, that doesn't fix things, building a house on a cracked foundation is not how I want to procede.
Then talk to her
... I'm hessitant, I can't be sure that it will help, what if it makes things worse? What if I ruin everything by trying to fix it all?
Is there anything to fix? Isn't this how it's always been?
There's plenty to fix, if this happened once, it'll happen again. It might happen to my son, he doesn't deserve that. Just because we always ignore the bad stuff doesn't mean it's not there. I refuse to teach my son this sort of tactic for dealing with difficult things.
Then how would you want him to handle this sort of situation?
.... I don't know....

Try... Try to fix it, but carefully... Talking may be neccesary... but we're both likely to get clumsy if we talk in person, or in real time... maybe a written conversation?

That's cowardly
Maybe, but it's something, and boldness will not win me any points here... things need to change, but I will do all in my power to change them for the better. If that means slowly and carefully proceding in a way, commonly seen as cowardly, so be it. It's more cowardly to say nothing.


Time to tend to the mending 

No comments:

Post a Comment