Sunday, October 5, 2014

Talking to the Runes

I was able to squeeze in a rune casting session while Rayne was taking a nap the other day, I feel inclined to tell you all about it.
First off, I should explain how I use the runes. When I cast runes I use an Elder Futhark set. I usually sit on the floor with a cloth in front of me. I gather all the tiles into my hands and cast them much like throwing dice. I then observe the runes that land face up starting with the ones closest to me. Whether or not the Gods talk to me through these means is irrelevant. I like to think that they do, but if not, it makes for a very good meditation practice. I feel like this should be a regular post topic for this blog.

Elder Futhark  alphabet with their Arabic alphabet counterparts


I had four questions, four castings. Because of the shear number of runes that I read, I figure I'll only focus on one of my questions. "Should I focus on becoming a Vitki?" To explain, a Vitki is an expert on the runes, especially their healing and other magical aspects. I believe the bindrunes I made for Rayne's birth worked out very well, and ever since have wanted to do more. This is the runes that landed right-side up.
Isa- Calm controlled
Thurisaz- Strategy, risk
Sowelo-energy, self-control
Jera-benefit, healing
Mannaz-meditation, influence
Eihwaz- secret magic, intuition
Pertho- control the situation
Ansuz-wisdom, study, useful, counsel
Uruz-freedom, power
Hagalaz- caution, sacrifice
Laguz- medicine spirituality
Dagaz-New cycle

This is the message that I got-
Be careful, the runes are very powerful. They can heal, they can hurt. So, know your craft well before you try to help anyone. You will do well in this role.


Anyone get other impressions from this? Other Rune meanings? Other interpretations?

If you use the runes, how? If not, What are your thoughts on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment